MeCCSA JISCmail list
MeCCSA operates a discussion and information list through the JISCMail system.
This mailing list is a free service and is not restricted to members. It is an unmoderated list and content reflect the views of those who post to the list and not of MeCCSA as an organisation.
MeCCSA recommends that the list be used only for posting of information (for example about events, publications, conferences, lectures) of interest to members or to promote discussion of current issues of wide general interest in the field. Posts to the MeCCSA mailing list are public, indexed by Google, and can be accessed from the JISCMail website.
Any messages posted to the list are subject to the JISCMail acceptable use policy, which states that users should avoid “engaging in unreasonable behaviour, or disrupting the general flow of discussion on a list” (see bottom of this page for more details).
Posting a message:
To post a message to all the people currently subscribed to the list, send an email to: MECCSA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Please note that you have to send messages from the email you are subscribed to the list with in order for your email to be posted. The list does not accept attachments, so everything must be in the body of the email.
To post a message on the list if you are not a subscriber (subject to approval), please get in touch with Einar Thorsen.
Subscribing or modifying your subscription:
For any further information, subscriptions and unsubscription questions please visit the MeCCSA JISCmail list website, or the subscription page where you can sign up to the list or modify your existing subscription (e.g. update you email address, or change the frequency at which you receive posts by signing up for daily or weekly digests).
- Evolution of Story Symposium, Solent University, Feb 19
- SCREENWRITING AS RESEARCH -- Call for participants (Dr Gabrielle Tremblay)
- Animation Studies 2.0 - New post and February CFP
On the MeCCSA JISCmail list page you will be able to access all the messages posted on the list since 1998.
MeCCSA’s Networks also operate their own mailing lists:
- Course: Zero-inflated GAMs and GAMMs for the analysis of spatial and spatial-temporal correlated data using R-INLA
- Developing Countries - Resources online - IFORS --- with newest contributions
- Three-D Issue 33, Election 2019 special
- Three-D Issue 33, Election 2019 special
- JLCDS 13.4
- Journal of Literary & Cultural Disability Studies 13.4 is now available online
- ICNS.LX - Night Studies Conference (Deadline approaching)
- Political Mindfulness and the Crisis of the Left Discussion and Book launch
- Policy Network Annual Meeting, 1230, Thursday 9 January 2020
- Renaissance France & Renaissance Naples: Warburg Institute: Spring 2020
- Call for Papers: A Symposium on Clouds
- Warburg Institute Director's Series: Spring 2020
- Email: MECCSA-SMN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
- Double Book Launch: Feminist Media Studies & The Wedding Spectacle Across Contemporary Media and Culture
- FWSA Mentoring Scheme - deadline this Friday
- CFP Borders and Bodies of Control (Feminist Media Studies)
The MeCCSA Radio Studies Network encourages interested colleagues to subscribe to the Radio Studies list (email: RADIO-STUDIES@JISCMAIL.AC.UK), a forum for teachers, researchers and broadcasters active since 1998.
Please note that the MeCCSA mailing lists are all subject to the standard JISCMail Acceptable Use policy. This includes the following points:
- JISCMail is a service which runs mailing lists for the benefit of the UK Higher and Further Education and Research Community
- JISCMail does not allow spam, junk mail, chain letters or other unsolicited bulk email, commercial or otherwise, on any list
- The posting of unsolicited commercial or advertising material is not allowed
- Messages sent to JISCMail lists should be courteous and appropriate, and should not disrupt the flow of discussion on a list
- Copyright of messages sent to a JISCMail list are retained by the original sender
- Messages sent to a JISCMail list will normally be archived on the list’s homepage
- You will not attempt to mislead others as to your identity, either by providing false information when subscribing to, or posting to a JISCMail list, or by forging the headers and addresses in an email message
- Membership of a JISCMail list must be voluntary, and neither the list owner nor any other person may subscribe a person to a list without that person’s consent
- We reserve the right to remove offensive messages from our archives immediately
Please visit JISCMail Acceptable Use to read the policy in full.