The Women’s Media Studies Network is intended for all women researching and teaching in media studies, film and media practice and production areas. It aims to raise the profile of women in these disciplines and promote the research women do. It is also establishing links with other women’s associations in the field and with relevant journals both nationally and at international level.
If you wish to host an event at your institution with the support of the WMSN please contact the Chair, Milly Williamson.
The Network operates a mailing list through the JISCmail system:
Email: MECCSA-WMSN@JISCMAIL.AC.UK Latest posts:
- DEADLINE APPROACHING CFP Pregnancy and the Media (Feminist Media Studies)
- CFP Independent Women: From Film to Television (Feminist Media Studies)
- Feminist Festival of Ideas and Action 2019 - Feminist Posters Guided Talk at Northumbria University Tuesday 26th March
- FW: Symposium on Feminist Activism 1968-2018 at Northumbria University
- New Book - Feminist Afterlives. Assemblage Memory in Activist Times